A champion in every sense.
As a racehorse and as a sire, Lonhro has been a true champion. He’s also one of the most reliable stallions at stud in Australia, offering owners and breeders an outstanding opportunity of getting a horse to the races, and then for it be a winner. The only Horse of the Year to go on to become Australia’s champion stallion (2010-11) he had a G1 winner from all but one of his first 11 crops, the most recent the 2019 Blue Diamond Stakes winner Lyre.
- Won 26 races, 11 at G1 level.
- 85 per cent of his named foals have made it to the races and 73 per cent of those are winners.
- His best-performed son Pierro was rated the best juvenile in Australia since 1977.
- The sire of three champion three-year-olds.
- One of those, Exosphere, is already the sire of a Stakes-winning two-year-old from his first crop.
- His sire sons include Impending, Pierro, Denman, and Exosphere.
Having achieved his career-best yearling price at the 2019 Inglis Easter Sale, Lonhro has nine lots catalogued in 2020, among them;
Lot 9 - Filly by Lonhro x La Amistad:
From the Stakes-winning Redoute’s Choice mare La Amistad who is a half-sister to three-time Melbourne Cup winner Makybe Diva. Consigned by Bhima Thoroughbreds.
Lot 64 - Colt by Lonhro x Mining Tycoon:
From Mining Tycoon (Redoute’s Choice), a half-sister to the multiple G1 winner Bentley Biscuit. Consigned by Segenhoe Stud.
Lot 153 - Colt by Lonhro x Raging Squall:
From Raging Squall (Northern Meteor), a half-sister to the G1 Victoria Derby and G1 Champagne Stakes winner Prized Icon. Offered by Gooree Park Stud.
Lot 390 - Colt by Lonhro x Commanding Secret:
Colt from Commanding Secret (Commands), a sister to the outstanding, multiple G1 winner Appearance and to the Stakes winner Mascareri. From the Glastonbury Farms draft