As a two-year-old Epaulette ran Pierro (Lonhro) to a nose, at three chased home Black Caviar and also won the G1 Golden Rose, plus the G1 Doomben 10,000. As a stallion, he has performed with distinction with his best to date the Australian-bred, dual-G1 winner Soqrat, Champion South African 2YO Colt for 2017/18.
On the racetrack:
- Beat eight G1 winners in taking out the G1 Doomben 10,000.
- Had more two-year-old Group winners from his first crop than Redoute’s Choice or Danehill.
- As of 1 January, he’s sired more Stakes winners than either Dundeel or Spirit Of Boom off a significantly lower service fee.
At Inglis Classic, Epaulette has nine yearlings catalogued, including:
- Lot 64 (filly): out of Clementine, an unraced half-sister by Octagonal to the four-time G1 winner Old Comrade, consigned by Chatsworth Park Stud.
- Lot 172 (colt): by Hannukah whose dam is a half-sister to the dam of G1 winner Divine Madonna, from the Davali Thoroughbreds draft.
- Lot 721 (filly): from the Octagonal mare Our Abbey. Dam is a half-sister to the Stakes winner Outlaws from a family that includes the G1 VRC Derby winner Polanski and the dual G1 winner Dandy Andy.