In Australia, the 2020/21 season celebrated the best sprinters in the country, unearthed many juvenile stars, and launched our industry front and centre onto the world stage when Australian racing was the only live sport during the pandemic.
We thought we would break down the season and highlight the Darley stallions' performance.
There were 75 G1 races totalling $92.76 million in prizemoney on offer across a range of distances from 1,000m to 3,200m.
Of that 75 G1s, nine G1s and $15,350,000 in prizmoney was won by the Darley stallions' progeny.
Or, 16.5 per cent of prizemoney and 12 per cent of G1s. As an owner, trainer or breeder, those are good odds.
The G1s won by Darley-sired G1 stars include the:
- Inglis Sires' Produce Stakes Anamoe by Street Boss
- Coolmore Stud Stakes September Run by Exceed And Excel
- Flight Stakes Montefilia by Kermadec
- Spring Champion Stakes Montefilia by Kermadec
- Melbourne Cup Twilight Payment by Teofilo
- Winterbottom Stakes Elite Street by Street Boss
- Canterbury Stakes Savatiano by Street Cry
- Queensland Derby Kukeracha by Night Of Thunder
- Darley Sprint Classic Bivouac by Exceed And Excel